Thursday, September 4, 2008

Unemployment

I got laid off of my job in the middle of August. I'm not too upset about it. My roommate is engaged and so she's selling her house. Which means I will have to move probably sometime soon. You'd think I would be a little more worried about losing my job and losing my place to live. But I think it will be a good change. It will force me to do something different. I'm kind of enjoying being unemployed right now. I go running mostly every morning, do pushups every other day, practice my violin, and hang out with my really cool rooommate, Serena. Of course, I also occasionally look for a new job. It's kind of hard to look for a job when I'm not sure what I'm even looking for though. I've been applying at a bunch of banks and credit unions. I think that might be a good place for me. Looking for jobs is one of the things I really hate doing. There's nothing like looking for a job to make me lose all my self-esteem. So I am trying really hard to not be discouraged. Okay, Serena, I've posted on my blog. I hope you enjoy it. :)

4 comments:

Serena said...

that is HI-larious! You didn't even tell me that you posted! You are awesome Shauna!

Jack said...

Way to post again. 7 months between posts ain't too bad. Good luck with job hunting and figuring out where to live.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Fellow Blogging Friends,
Our blog is now set to private, as we have had an unknown and unwanted visitor post a nasty comment on our blog recently. You are still invited to view our blog, but I need your email address, in order to add you to our list of invited readers. Please send me the email address you use for blogger to melandstevebarnes@gmail.com, and I will add you right away!
Melanie and Steve

lindsey hill said...

Shauna,
I like the idea of you doing a blog. That is way fun. You should definately add us. Yeah, who needs a job anyway. Unemployment is the way to go. That leads to loss of income, which leads to loss of food, which leads to loss of energy, which leads to loss of determination to find a job, which leads to delinquint bills, which leads to creditors, which leads to debt, which leads to bankruptcy, which leads to loss of assets, which leads to homelessness, which leads to loss of self esteem, which leads to sinning, which leads to drinking, which leads to public drunkness, which leads to jail, which leads to a cell mate named Betty Brass Knuckles, which leads to additional loss of self esteem, which leads to even more loss of will power to do something more, which leads to institutionalization which leads, to hermitization, which leads to loss of friends and family, which leads to an early death. Which leads to loss of self esteem. (just had to throw that one back in there.) Anyways, that was really long, and very much like a tangent, but I like that you have started this blog thing.